A sidemount configuration (scuba tanks alongside the diver) offers more flexibility and better streamlining options. Learn about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration.
The PADI Sidemount Diver Course trains you how to utilise sidemount cylinders as an alternative to traditional back mount cylinders. This program is recommended to any diver who wants to try something new, as well as for those ones who intent to do cave & wreck diving penetration.
The PADI Sidemount Diver course has pool training session and 4 Open Water dives.
Saturday – Pool session and OW dive #1
Jump in on our pool for skills development and practice. After all the requirements are met, pack up as it’s time to hit the Open Water!
OW dives #2 and #3
During the course you will cover:
- Gas matching
- Gas management for independent cylinders
- Physiological Considerations
- Equipment Considerations
- Problem Solving
- Tight Spaces
- Water Entries
- s-Drills for Sidemount
- Student need to be at least 10 years old
- Hold PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- PADI Sidemount Diver Manual
- PADI Instructor tuition and administrative fees
- PADI Sidemount Diver International Certification Card upon completion of the program