PADI IDC is the Instructor Development Course. We are happy to announce that since 2019, this is our first IDC that is taking place.
The PADI IDC is made up of two parts. The PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) Course and the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) Course.
At Temple Adventures, we will be running both these parts of the PADI IDC. The course has to be conducted by a Course Director. After the completion of the course, the candidates then go on to attend an Instructor Examination (I.E) by an external examiner who comes from PADI.
Who Can Do The PADI Instructor Development Course?
There are some prerequisites to doing the PADI IDC:
- You have to be a PADI Divemaster or PADI Assistant Instructor (or of equal qualification from an established organisation)
- You have to be a certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 60 logged dives and a 100 dives before you can start this course.
- Have a valid CPR/First Aid certification. This certificate must be within 24 months of when they received it.
- A medical statement signed by a physician deeming you fit to do the course.
Who Will Be Running Your Course?
So a PADI IDC can only be run by a course director. We are happy to introduce you to the newest member of our team Walter Schmit. He is not only a PADI Course Director but he is also a PADI Technical Diving Instructor Trainer.
Having an in-house course director gives us the liberty to run a whole bunch of Instructor courses and technical diving courses. Something we are extremely excited to restart!
How Long Will The Course Be?
Your PADI Instructor Development Course will run for 14 days. After that we will have an external examiner from PADI evaluate you and conduct your Instructor Examination.
By successfully completing your PADI IDC and your IE, you will then be certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. Which will then qualify you to teach this beautiful adventure sport.
Send us a message here to enquire about how much the course will cost you. Alternatively, you can also reach out to us on Instagram here.
We are stoked to finally restart our dive pro courses and now technical diving courses as well. We are a learning centre first and our goal is to make competent and understanding dive professionals who can teach the world about scuba diving.